Wednesday 25 May 2016

HOW I STARTED #HOUSEOFINNOVA

HOW I STARTED #HOUSEOFINNOVA.

In year 2011 in the city of Ibadan the Oyo State capital, I went to drop a proposal of an upcoming event in a new world-class fashion store that just opened. While we were talking, with my friend and the manager of this newly opened store, he mentioned that he employed a vendor to distribute 10,000 copies of flyers, and to his surprise, he found almost half of the quantity under a staircase of a building not far from him.

I was concerned about the investment that had gone into that process, from design to print, to money paid to the vendor, and how this guy was complaining about no return on the investment made on the publicity.

I told him to give me the flyers and that I would distribute for him Free of charge. He asked if he could trust me, and I said yes. I told him to ask people when they patronize him “Please, how did you hear about us?”

After four days, he called me and said “I am grateful for the help you have rendered, please let us meet on Saturday”. I met him, and he told me how the feedback from the flyers had been tremendously positive. Before I came, he dropped our proposal at the headquarters in Lagos, and it was already approved, he also gave me money to say thank you.

I looked at it and I made a decision to start a business of helping people in that way. Now, I have a team of more than a dozen young and energetic guys that can deliver in any state of Nigeria.

House Of Innova is a company poised for effectiveness, and that’s what we always make our watchword. We basically solve problems to make you happy.


Damilola Oladehin
Twitter: @damioladehin







No comments:

Post a Comment