Friday 15 July 2016

Learner or Expert? 1

Being a learner is great, but it should translate to being an expert once you know that you are advancing. That is to say, practice what you learn on daily basis. Learner or expert? Choose one and be good at it.

I used to be very active on blackberry messenger (bbm) some years ago, and via that, I built online relationship with several people from different part of the world. Some just liked the messages I disseminated. Few liked my personality, and skills I have acquired. Some of them became my clients (paying for the services I render).  One of my special clients was Ronke.

Ronke has a Skill Acquisition Centre in Lagos State, Nigeria. We had not physically met, but the motivation through her BroadCast messages (BC) always got my attention. She would simply put a heading as “BE YOUR OWN BOSS” BYOB, and I will read through the content of the message every time. Sometimes, a thumb up sign or short statement to affirm her delivery. Oh yes, every message of her broadcast was to target those who would be interested in her training.

Later, we got to an interactive stage, that’s beyond sending and receiving broadcast, talking about brand and how to advance. It got to a point, she called me, asking to make logo for her business. I gave her the bill, and being an ‘Ijebu’ person, she negotiated lower, and the job was done. What are friends for? I was happy, not because of money, but because I was able to have her in my clientele’s list. Someone you haven’t met before, trusting you with money before the service, it was strange to me at that time.

She later asked me to come facilitate at her school graduation ceremony in year 2015. I went, had a nice time talking to the graduating students and those invited. Good memory can be refreshing and make you buy yourself a bottle of coke to cheer yourself up.

Learner or expert? Which one are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment