Thursday 28 July 2016

Marketing Strategy from Groundnut Seller

This is what distinguishes a Brand from a Product; an Artiste from a Singer; a Designer from a Tailor; a Builder from a Bricklayer. She has shown she has an eye for details and her customers can trust that she would not compromise on quality of her products. When customers cluster around her while others are hardly given any attention, they claim she uses "JAZZ" or that she sleeps around. This is how people (or brands) build loyalty.



On a tray? This is amazing. Beyond passion. I see innovation. I see creativity and brand differentiation. Most importantly I see dignity in labour. OMG!

I look at this picture of a groundnut seller and the way she has arranged the groundnuts and I can only think of someone diligent in her ways. Students of business strategy could learn a few lessons from this one picture. The key lessons for me here are passion and competitive identity. What about you? (Photo credits: Linda Ikeji Blog)

I also need to step up my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment